With immersive experiences now essential to success in the physical retail environment, our brand clients are seeking ever innovative ways to connect with their consumers in order to differentiate themselves and their products from their competition.
Electronic assistance in the form of the integrated use of digital screens, interactive content and complex electronics is becoming more and more widespread in display materials. In order to present client products so they can be experienced in an interactive way suitable for within the retail environment.
Although the retail environment allows consumers to physically see and touch actual products, their features and benefits often still need (interactive) explanation, demonstration and simulation of how they work in the real world, with in some instances even electronic modification of client products to let the shopper properly experience the product. And at retail these solutions need to work and continue working, time and time again.
We are at the forefront of this technological development at retail and have created multiple innovative and interactive POS solutions, produced in serial production and installed across Europe. in third party retail outlets.
These interactive POS materials are currently developed by multifunctional key-account teams supported by various tech suppliers. As client questions are becoming increasingly complex, we want to build our in-house knowledge in order to be able to select the right tech partners and steer them towards delivering the optimal solution for our clients . We are therefore looking for candidates to form a new, international orientated, support team that will cross fertilise ideas and solutions across the key-account teams. The team will focus on creating electronic solutions in a uniform and structured way, to ensure the electronic parts and/or content can be produced, installed, maintained and updated in the most effective way given each individual client’s request.
190111 – Design Consultant Shopper Experience
You have expertise in all aspects of retail technology and innovation and you are able recommend the right technology to provide the most impactful and successful outcome for our clients. You will be steering the design process of the interactive experience as part of the whole customer journey to create memorable experiences that will work and continue to work In-Store.
Knowing what is out there in the market and how the client brief can be best met by careful selection of what tech partners have to offer. Combining existing technology available in the market and steering tailormade electronic development from a functional level. Finding new partners in new areas if/when we need to go where we have never gone before.
The role is geographically based in our Dutch location and will involve international travel supporting our clients and working alongside colleagues across our European offices.
Strategic and Conceptual level, client facing, interactive customer journey focus – to ensure we can discuss intelligently with clients about tech usage in store, challenge our clients goals, Recommend solutions that work In-Store and that keep working . For all stakeholders: our brand clients, the retailer and the shopper. Knowledgeable of what is out there on the market. Work with the creative design team and client teams to deliver commercially and technically feasible solutions that meet information requirements of today’s shopping consumer.
- Support the design and sales teams in presenting and winning pitches on interactive projects by proposing the best solution that can be delivered within the commercial target and the client strategy;
- Sparring partner for internal and external design teams with relation to shopper journeys, with regards to both physical and digital UX design (user experience) and UI design (User interface);
- Understanding real client needs and ability to translate client briefings to an optimal technological / electronic solution by correct selection of various tech partners:
- software / app builders;
- suppliers of standard hardware solutions;
- partners that develop & produce tailormade electronics;
- CMS, data analytics and maintenance partners.
- Keeping track of the developments in the market place and continuous scouting for new potential suppliers and tech partners with a keen eye for innovations that can be applied in serial produced POS materials;
- Technical understanding to be able to scope the user experience and work closely with the technical teams, tech suppliers and electronics engineers to provide the right solution that can be manufactured in small serial production with short lead times;
- Commercial support in electronical display management (updates, Content Management) and advising clients in data collection methods in a way that helps/supports the clients goals of increasing sales;
- Developing ways of working on electronic development to ensure making use of best practices and fixing learnings.
What we are looking for:
- Preferably you have a higher professional education (HBO / WO) with,
- a background in Electronics engineering, Software or similar relevant technology discipline with preferably some retail experience,
- or a Retail experience design background with some working experience / large affinity with electronics.
- Experience in the development of interactive products for retail or similar “consumer environments (interactive installations for instance for fairs, exhibitions or museums);
- Knowledgeable of interactive development including any associated CMS/Software solutions;
- Customer facing experience – we deal with some of the world’s biggest brands ;
- Energetic, dynamic and collaborative approach to projects;
- You have good communication and organizational skills and you can function well both in a team and independently;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills in Dutch & English;
- You are prepared to travel on a potentially regular basis.
Commitment – Clients can count on our commitment and integrity. We will be responsible for delivering the best solutions and for relentlessly pursuing continuous improvements.
Passion – Retail is our passion. Creating powerful retail experiences inspires us. Finding the best solutions gives us energy.
Innovation – Rethinking the retail experience is what we do. We are always looking for smarter solutions, are on top of trends and translate them into meaningful experiences.
What We offer:
A challenging position within an environment where team work, initiative, personal development, co-operation and job satisfaction are the most important elements;
Excellent terms of employment including and in addition, plenty of development opportunities as well as working with some of the biggest and exciting global brands.
Send your resume and short (but powerful and inspiring) personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the vacancy number 190111 in the subject of your application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.