With immersive experiences now essential to success in the physical retail environment, our brand clients are seeking ever innovative ways to connect with their consumers in order to differentiate themselves and their products from their competition.
Electronic assistance in the form of the integrated use of digital screens, interactive content and complex electronics is becoming more and more widespread in display materials. In order to present client products so they can be experienced in an interactive way suitable for within the retail environment.
Although the retail environment allows consumers to physically see and touch actual products, their features and benefits often still need (interactive) explanation, demonstration and simulation of how they work in the real world, with in some instances even electronic modification of client products to let the shopper properly experience the product. And at retail these solutions need to work and continue working, time and time again.
We are at the forefront of this technological development at retail and have created multiple innovative and interactive POS solutions, produced in serial production and installed across Europe. in third party retail outlets.
These interactive POS materials are currently developed by multifunctional key-account teams supported by various tech suppliers. As client questions are becoming increasingly complex, we want to build our in-house knowledge in order to be able to select the right tech partners and steer them towards delivering the optimal solution for our clients . We are therefore looking for candidates to form a new, international orientated, support team that will cross fertilise ideas and solutions across the key-account teams. The team will focus on creating electronic solutions in a uniform and structured way, to ensure the electronic parts and/or content can be produced, installed, maintained and updated in the most effective way given each individual client’s request.
190422 – Project Engineer Electronics
You will work closely with our multidisciplined teams using your expertise in electronics engineering to bring our client retail strategy to life in production. You have expertise in electronic product development for small serial production, so you understand what is needed to brief suppliers and our in-house manufacturing people to ensure a proper and consistent serial product that our global brand clients are expecting us to deliver. You have deep knowledge of the electrical components market and can assess the fit-for-purpose factor of what our tech suppliers are offering.
You recognise the pitfalls and steer our clients and client teams as well as supporting the production and installation teams with proper hands-on briefings, documentation and manuals. You remain level-headed when assisting our service teams in case of problem solving and hiccups in the market and you know how to translate these to improved ways of working to ensure they are one-time events.
This role is geographically based in our Dutch office but will involve European and international travel.
Technologic and practical hands on level. This role is an electronic / tech engineering role. It will work closely with the Shopper Experience Design Consultant to bring together / source / develop solutions and the actual tech needed to deliver the experience. Focus on tailormade electronical development and implementing it in serial production. Knowledgeable of the do’s and don’ts in electronics. Ability to judge electronical equipment on reliance and durability. Assisting in prototype development by various tech partners, troubleshooting with regards to occasional problems in the field.
- Briefing electronics partners and component producers;
- Ensuring solutions can be scaled for mass production;
- Commercial management of budgets and margins;
- Managing a supply chain of tech partners to deliver against budget and lead times;
- Commercial support in after sales service – updates / CMS etc / trouble shooting;
- Supporting the commercial and creative teams in providing solutions that deliver the optimal shopper journey / experience;
- Making (or ensuring making of) wiring and connection drawings/schedules;
- Briefing of in-house production team leaders and ensuring proper Poke-Yoke serial production, QA procedures and End-of-Line tests;
- Drawing up FAQ and problem resolution manuals / charts;
- Providing tech issue resolution support eg client product modifications, firmware updates, onsite issues with software and connectivity.
What we are looking for:
- A higher professional education (HBO) in Electronical or Electrotechnical Engineering;
- Experience in managing production of complete electronic solutions, manufacturing of tailormade PCB solutions;
- Commercial experience delivering against budgets, margins and lead times;
- Energetic, dynamic and collaborative approach to projects;
- You have good communication and organizational skills and you can function well both in a team and independently;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills in Dutch and English;
- You are prepared to travel on a potentially regular basis.
- Commitment – Clients can count on our commitment and integrity. We will be responsible for delivering the best solutions and for relentlessly pursuing continuous improvements.
- Passion – Retail is our passion. Creating powerful retail experiences inspires us. Finding the best solutions gives us energy.
- Innovation – Rethinking the retail experience is what we do. We are always looking for smarter solutions, are on top of trends and translate them into meaningful experiences.
What We offer:
- A challenging position within an environment where team work, initiative, personal development, co-operation and job satisfaction are the most important elements;
- Excellent terms of employment including and in addition, plenty of development opportunities as well as working with some of the biggest and exciting global brands.
Send your resume and short (but powerful and inspiring) personal statement to email@example.com. Please state the vacancy number 190422 in the subject of your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.